Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What's been happening the past four months.........

I hope your ready for a long read. Its been four months since I last posted and so much has happened.

The girls had a great birthday party and got so much nice stuff from family and friends. We rented an inflatable for them and they were so tired by the end of the night. After their party they went to Aunt Terry's house for a sleepover. They had a lot of fun and can't wait for their party next year.

At the end of July Mike left for Camp Crowder to train up for his deployment. He was able to come home for one weekend and then for a full week before he left for good. We really enjoyed our last full week with him while he was home. That was the last and final week that we got to see or spend with him. The first week of September Mike left for Camp Shelby, MS for more training and then from there he deployed to Qatar.

During the week that Mike was here he was able to see the house that I found and he loved it just as much as I did. While Mike was as Camp Crowder and Camp Shelby I was able to purchase the house. Three weeks later the kids and I moved into the house and they started a new school. The kids are now in Republic schools and really seem to love it.

The beautiful house my wonderful husband bought for me.


Its so strange living in a house and knowing that its ours and trust me we found out what its like to be home owners the first week we lived here. On Saturday we were moving things into the house from the van. We had closed the back of the van and while we were pulling out the door popped open hitting the garage door bending it and shattering the vans glass. Thankfully we were able to get the glass replaced and the garage door fixed without having to replace it. On top of that we found a crack in the furnace and had to replace the blower fan. So in the span of one week we dropped almost $1,000.00 on repairs. Thankfully things have been going smoothly since then. :)

Mike has been able to Skype with us almost everyday and has sent us a couple of packages since being over there. He sent me a beautiful jewelry box and pillow cases for my birthday, and today the kids got huge warm mink blankets from him.

My beautiful hand woven and made pillow cases.

              
                                                         
My beautiful handmade jewelry box.
                                                    

                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment