Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Love my husband, in-laws, & Italy

Where to begin...

Lets start with the hubby and all the beautiful things he's sent to me this past year. I've received a jewelry box, two necklaces, pillow cases, wall hanging, and a beautiful wooden wall hanging as well. He has also sent me eye liner. I know what your thinking but its way better and goes on smoothly.

Hand woven and dyed pillow cases


Hand carved jewelry box

Wall hanging

Beautiful necklace
 I'd have to say that I'm a pretty lucky girl to get such beautiful things from the hubby. I know that a lot of these purchases meant that he wasn't going to get much sleep. The only time for him to go shopping for them was during the day and since he worked nights he slept during the day.

On top of that my in-laws went to Italy for three weeks. Knowing that Italy is the one place in the world I want to visit they bought me gifts. I love gifts! My mother-in-law, Marjorie, bought me two wall hangings. One is of Italy and one is of Toscana (Tuscany) which is the one area I want to go the most. I also got spaghetti seasoning, pasta, a key chain, calendar, bookmark, and best of all a hand painted wall hanging. My father-in-law, John, is an avid picture taker like me and got some amazing shots. I was actually surprised to see him in a few shots since neither one of us can ever be seen in family photos because we are always the ones taking them. 

Tile painted with a scene of Tuscany and set into a wooden frame
Pompeii, Italy
So beautiful and I can't wait to make a trip out there. This means I'm going to need to do a lot of saving because my trip is going to be at least 2 - 3 weeks so I can see everything I want. Who knows when I'll get to go back again. Now to start learning Italian so things go faster, smoother, and easier when we actually get to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment